A little about me
I am a kind and approachable psychotherapist and counsellor and I offer a warm, confidential environment where I work with consideration and clarity. I believe that therapy can offer a unique space where we can nurture our innate capacity to grow, make changes for ourselves and feel more in charge of our lives.
I work sensitively and intelligently in alliance with you, to support you to explore and understand your feelings and attitudes, allow you time and space to reflect, and ultimately help you find your own responses and solutions to support your well being.
More about who I am
I’m a Northerner who settled ‘down South’ many years ago and I understand the struggles associated with life changes. I am a partner, a mother of teenagers, a working woman balancing commitments, a friend and a colleague.
Alongside my private practice and as part of belonging to a wider community I ran a psychotherapy service for a charity for which supported vulnerable and oppressed groups to offering an opportunity to those would not normally be able to access psychotherapy. I also supported trainee therapists in their time there.
I’m a qualified Humanistic Psychotherapist my training was at Spectrum Therapy where it included:
- Certificate in online and telephone counselling
- Oxford Cambridge and RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Spectrum Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BACP certificate of proficiency and BACP accredited register
- Spectrum Postgraduate Course in Psychotherapy
- Spectrum Training: Working with couples
- Developing Clinical Skills
- Basic, intermediate and advanced Sexuality
- Childhood Sexual Abuse: Occurrence & Prevention
- Anger in the therapy room
- Relationship making
- Brief therapy
I am an accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and abide by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy http://www.BACP.org
I hold the BACP certificate of Proficiency and am on the BACP register.
I am in on-going professional supervision and I regularly undertake courses for professional development.